18 August 2009

vegan convenience


Sometimes I like to keep things like this in the freezer, much like one might also have a couple cans of soup on hand. It's not really good to eat these all the time, due to the fat & sodium amounts, but I find it's better to eat some 'real' food when I'm really hungry & without time than to over eat on snacks or to get fast food.

Amy's makes several tasty frozen foods that are conveniently labeled "VEGAN" just before the ingredients lists (others do not have this, as some items are only vegetarian), so you can tell in a quick glance whether it's something edible. I really like the Enchilada Meal and the Bean & Rice Burritos - they're ready to eat after a few minutes in the microwave. Above is pictured the Vegetable Pot Pie; I had to microwave it for 3 minutes, then bake it for 15, so it's a bit less time convenient than the other options. When I make Tofu Vegetable Potpie myself, it tastes way better than this, but it takes way longer than 18mins. Put that way, it is still a convenience, if you're craving pot pie.

rating: 3.5 pineapples


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love