21 August 2009

first cheese pie



Tuesday night we had Mushroom Sausage Pizza and salad. The recipe I used was from LDV, and I'm not too crazy about how the crust turned out. It was good, but I remember making some better though I can't recall which book it came from.
I used remaining Tofurky Italian Sausage that wasn't required for the initial dish, and I used (for the first time) Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Mozzarella Cheese Alternative. Oddly enough, I had purchased the same day a grater, but it is fine (because I wanted it for lemon zest) so the 'cheese' kind of came out in clumps, but as you can see from the photo, it melted rather uniformly. (fyi, I have tried other vegan 'cheeses' but never on a pizza!)

The pizza was yummy. There was plenty left to eat the next night. I tried one piece reheated in the microwave, and the crust seemed... not good. So I heated the rest in the oven & it was much better.

rating: 4.5 pineapples

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love