16 August 2009

Uhh-Cajun to Cook


Cooked up Shirley's Cajun Red Beans & Rice from LDV this week. It was very.. bland. I thought in measuring the spices that something had to be off and it Shirley was! Above is a shot of the sauteed veggies, broth, & spices coming to a boil for the rice to be added, just because I thought it looked pretty. In reading through the ingredients I thought red pepper would likely taste better, but I went ahead and used green as listed because I knew there was a reason for it - color!! Below is the finished dish, I had to add spices before eating it, if I make this again (as I likely will since I do like beans & rice meals) I will definitely add more spices when cooking.


All in all, this is a basic dish that truly one doesn't even really need a recipe for; so due to the "nothing special" factor, I did not award a high rating.

rating: 2.5 pineapples



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love