17 August 2009

doglicious dinner



VLB had a great idea: Pups in Blankets. I bought these to make for lunches, but last night I was too hungry to wait while I cooked, so I popped these & some fries into the oven and we ate within 20mins.
The cookbook has a recipe to make your own pastry wrap, but I just got a can cos I'm lazy. It's perfect: 8 Smart Dogs in a package and 8 croissants in a package. Those are my favorite brand. It's fun to see what my boyfriend thinks of all these alternative products, because I've been vegan too long to really remember what the non-vegan stuff tastes like for comparison. He said the taste is the same, but the texture isn't as firm. Now I've tried Yves before, and while they do have a more realistic texture, I just don't like the taste as much as the Smart Dogs.

This is very easy. There's not any cooking involved, just waiting on the oven timer. Would be good as a lunch; remember to pack some mustard for dipping.

Ohh, and lastly, you'll notice in the photo that the cookie sheet is covered in aluminum foil. I do this for everything I bake on it because you never have to worry about scrubbing baked on food off your sheet this way, just remove the foil & wash.

rating: 4 pineapples


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love