07 August 2009

Indian Lover


I think of all different types of cuisine, Indian may very well be my favorite. Indian dishes incorporate a real appreciation for fine spices. This kind of food tastes like no other. Indian food can be enjoyed before even taking a bite - it has great appeal due to the rich colors, and most importantly the mouth-watering scent!

Recently, I attempted cooking my first Indian dish. It turned out quite well, apart from consistency. I don't think LDV's recipe for Aloo Gobi Potatoes & Cauliflower called for enough liquid. At only 1/2 C of vegetable stock, look how thick this is.
The best Indian food I've ever had was at Purnima in New York City. There, the aloo gobi was much... wetter, not quite as wet as say a bowl of soup, but certainly much more so than this recipe created. I even added more stock to this recipe, but I was afraid to add too much & take away from the spices; next time I make this I'm going to adjust the whole thing in hopes it will turn out closer to what I had in NYC.
I served this over jasmine rice, simply because I love the smell of jasmine rice cooking. It's really one of the best scents in the world.


For dessert I decided to hazard an attempt at LDV's Mint Chocolate Fudge. This was a mistake, because I don't have a candy thermometer. The recipe didn't turn out like fudge at all... but of course I've been eating the results anyway. It tastes good, but the texture isn't right at all. Ohh well, chocolate is still yum!

rating: 3 pineapples

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love