05 August 2009

Tried & True

Summer is almost over; I can't believe I'm only just now drinking my first smoothie this year.
Last summer I had one every morning.. and sometimes again during the day, because they're so good!

I make mine like this:
First, I pour enough Silk to cover the blades of my blender; then, I add half a scoop of Life's Basics Plant Protein, followed by frozen fruit. I always use 1 frozen banana, but the other ingredients vary: cinnamon & nutmeg, walnuts, almonds & cocoa, blueberries, strawberries, peanut butter & carob, cocoa & mint extract - anything, really. Finally, I sort of eyeball it & add what I think should be enough Silk to give it the perfect consistency and blend. Sometimes I add 3-4 ice cubes if I want it to be extra chilly, but because the fruit is frozen, they're not necessary.

Today I had a Blueberry Smoothie for breakfast.

rating: 5 pineapples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love