06 August 2009

face not food

Nothing to do with food, but another kind of vegan goodie: make-up!
I took my first trip into The Cosmetic Market yesterday in the late afternoon. I got some fabulous Urban Decay products I cannot wait to try out!


I have really been wanting the Eyeshadow Primer Potion, but with all those color choices I decided that I would cheat for now, and use their Cream Eyeshadow as a base. I selected the shade Midnight Rodeo. I also couldn't resist the allure of 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil and got that in the shade Stash.

I'll be sure to come back & add to this with my thoughts after I've used the products. I've never tried Urban Decay before, other than the powder brush I have (and love. I won it from a contest at peta2.com), so I'm very excited!

------------------------ Edit to add Review ---------------------------
9 Aug 09

I have used this make up a few times now, and I'm ready to share my opinion!
Cream Eyeshadow: not crazy about the way this goes on; I can't seem to get an even finish. I do love how it holds my mineral make up on with intense color pay off, so it certainly serves the "primer" function I had hoped it would. Secondly, the glitter ends up getting all over my face (though not terribly so - I just have to do a bit of clean up). I am pleased with the color as well; it is fairly close to my skin tone, so it's perfect for an all-over-the-lid color. I would get more shades, but I think first I will end up buying just the Primer Potion & make use of the mineral eye shadows I already own.
24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: wow! this really does glide right on! Typically I have to heat my eyeliner pencils before applying just to soften them up; this step is not necessary for these pencils. The color is only okay, but it does last long as well, which the pencils I had previously did not. I'd definitely be interested in other shades.

rating: 4 pineapples

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love