14 September 2009

Tempehtation


VWAV's TLT Sammiches are incredibly delicious! Start with the Tempeh Bacon recipe; remember this has to marinate for at least an hour, but I find it tastes best if left to sit over night in the fridge. Once you've got that, it takes about 10 minutes to cook the "bacon" (which by the way holds zero resemblance to the animal version, but tastes very good all the same) and slap these monsters together. Imagine it: toasted bread, hummus, tempeh bacon, onion, tomato, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts... mmm my mouth is watering just describing it.


I served it along with another dish from VWAV: Herb-Roasted Potatoes. Now those were a big hit! I didn't have fresh herbs so I had to use dried; they were still very yummy but I imagine even more so had I been able to use fresh.

These recipes both made enough to have the same the next day. Certainly a left-over I look forward to! Because this is so tasty & satisfying, and better still - so quick & easy to make, I plan on coming back to this again & again.


rating: 5 pineapples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love